Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Famous Mathematics Quotes - Part I

Archimedes of Syracuse ( 287 - 212 B.C.E) was a famous Greek Mathematicians. Besides, he is also a great inventor, ancient engineer and astronomer. There are too less details of his life and among his famous invention is - The Golden Crown, The Archimedes screw, The Archimedes Heat Ray and a lot more..Archimedes's contribution toward Modern Maths is like the used of the method of exhaustion to determine the approximate value of TT, the measurement of circle and the quadrature of the Parabola. His Famous Mathematics Quotes is 



  • Give me a place to stand, and I will move the earth.
  • Eureka, euraka!
  • Don't spoil my circles! (or Do not disturb my circles!)
  • There are things which seem incredible to most men who have not studied Mathematics

No comments:

Post a Comment